Certified Forensic Investigation Practitioner (CFIP)
This Certified Forensic Investigation Practitioner (CFIP) core-level technical course is designed for people looking to develop their computer forensics investigation skills, either for a career in digital investigations or as part of their current cyber role.
Book your training three months in advance of the course start date and get a 20% discount.
For more information about this course, please see below
This course will give you:
- An understanding of each stage of a forensic investigation, from evidence seizure through to data investigation and interpretation, to report and presentation of findings
- The skills to allow you to undertake the forensic acquisition of an electronic device
- Confidence in working with key forensic investigation products
- An industry-recognised qualification in forensic investigation and ideal preparation for the PA CFIS advanced course
- You will be introduced to the legalities, best practice and current techniques used for data acquisition as part of forensic investigation, eDiscovery or other regulatory proceedings
- You will carry out forensic imaging in a number of environments, using different methods and software
- You will learn how to extract individual mailboxes from a live Microsoft Exchange email server, as well as live system memory and volatile data capture
- You will learn the principles and guidelines for static computer forensic investigations; the fundamentals of the complete forensic investigation process; how to preserve evidence and the methodology for conducting a forensic investigation
- You will use practical, hands-on exercises to help you understand how data is stored on electronic media, how to work with key forensic investigation tools and how to identify Windows-based OS forensic artefacts
For more information on this course, please email the Education team or contact us on +44(0)1763 285285