Certified Forensic Investigation Specialist (CFIS)
This Certified Forensic Investigation Specialist (CFIS) specialist-level course is for professionals whose role requires them to capture and analyse data from ‘live’ systems. It introduces the latest guidelines and artefacts on current Windows operating systems and teaches essential skills for conducting an efficient and comprehensive investigation.
Book your training three months in advance of the course start date and get a 20% discount.
For more information about this course, please see below
This course will enable you to:
- Develop your forensic investigation skills to an advanced level
- Practise new techniques suitable for evidence identification, capture and analysis in a ‘live’ environment
- Acquire an industry-recognised qualification to support your career progress
- You will learn to capture volatile and stored data from a system in a ‘live’ and ‘booted’ state and from remote and virtualised systems and to capture mailboxes from a Microsoft Exchange Server and webmail accounts
- You will practice your new skills using a realistic data/IP theft scenario employing a range of forensic tools, scripts and techniques. You will identify data from the Windows domain controller, network file shares and FTP logs before moving to a more conventional analysis of a forensic image of a workstation
Experienced forensic investigators and digital security practitioners who have computer forensic experience who want to dig deeper and develop their skills. This course is a natural progression from the PA CFIP course.
For more information on this course, please email the Education team or contact us on +44(0)1763 285285