Certified Linux Forensic Practitioner (CLFP)
This Certified Linux Forensic Practitioner (CLFP) specialist-level course is for experienced forensic investigators who want to acquire the knowledge and skills to navigate, identify, capture and examine data from Linux-based systems. You will develop knowledge and skills to identify, collect, analyse and interpret data from Linux systems.
Book your training three months in advance of the course start date and get a 20% discount.
For more information about this course, please see below
On this course, you will:
- Develop confidence when faced with a Linux system
- Learn effective techniques to identify and collect data from a Linux environment
- Understand the data structures associated with the ‘ext’ file systems
- Develop knowledge and skills to examine and process data from a Linux system
- Improve your ability to respond effectively to a wider range of forensic incidents
Upon completion of the course, you will have used a Linux System to:
- Become familiar with both Linux GUI and command-line environments
- Demonstrate how Linux can be used for forensic imaging
- Capture RAM and basic volatile data from a live Linux system (Note: this doesn’t include network discovery or traffic capture)
You will have used Windows based forensic software to:
- Examine ext3 and ext4 file system structures
- Identify core system information
- Explore system log files for artefacts including; boots, logins and device connection
- Examine user artefacts including; recent activity, thumbnails and printing
Forensic practitioners, systems administrators and cyber investigators who want to extend their experience from Windows-based systems to the Linux environment.
For more information on this course, please email the Education team or contact us on +44(0)1763 285285