Certified Malware Investigator (CMI)
This Certified Malware Investigator (CMI) is a core-level technical course for people looking to extend their knowledge beyond traditional file system forensic analysis. It will help you protect your IT environment by showing you how to conduct malware analysis (malicious software) investigation and analysis, from first principles all the way to collecting computer and network activity stemming from a malicious infection that your AV software has failed to detect.
If you have already attended this course or feel that you are at a more advanced level, check out our NEW Certified Malware Investigation Professional (CMIP) course.
Book your training three months in advance of the course start date and get a 20% discount.
For more information about this course, please see below
This course will give you:
- The skills to understand, analyse and interpret malware and investigate computer and network activity associated with a malware infection
- An understanding of how to simplify complex evidence, and collate and report results
- An industry-recognised qualification in malware investigation
- You will learn how to identify, analyse and interpret malware types including identification of associated forensic artefacts as a result of being infected by complex malware such as a Trojan horse.
- You will practice malware investigations from mounted, booted and network perspectives, and undertake real-world exercises, including the conversion of E01 forensic images into bootable virtual machines.
- Digital forensic analyst
- Cyber incident responders
- Security operations specialists
- System/Network Administrators/Engineers
- IT security officers
For more information on this course, please email the Education team or contact us on +44(0)1763 285285